Friday, March 25, 2011

I Like This New Trend...

Country artists have always been the most accessible of all styles of musicians, but it's getting ridiculous. Artists have taken to calling Music Directors at radio stations to say "Thanks for playing my song," or "I've got some new music coming, check it out."

It began with an email from Sara Evans.

On Monday Steve Azar dialed me up.

Today, Heidi Newfield called up to say "Holla!"

The problem is I haven't been in a position to talk, so I sent both Steve and Heidi to voicemail.

CURSES!!!

"Heidi, if you're reading this call me back. We'll chat about your new music and then, like, you know... whatever."

Maybe I'll make that a policy. No one is getting their song played on QDR until I get a personal phone call. Restraining orders be damned.

No comments: