Friday, May 7, 2010

Betrayed by denim, and my wife


Apparently denim shorts aren't fashionable any longer, and no one told me. It's possible you read that sentence and inferred I was being sarcastic, but I promise you I wasn't. I'm seriously ticked off!


First, I'm upset that my wife didn't bring me up to code. I've been sporting the same pair of jean shorts the last few years, and planned to bring them to the front of my summer rotation yet again in 2010. Now I'm down a man.

However, after researching the topic, I understand how ridiculous jean shorts look on men.

There's even a website dedicating to "jorts."

The problem is, there aren't many options for the young fashionable man on a budget:

a) wear dockers (ugghhh)

b) wear something with a skull or an eagle or a falcon across the leg

c) wear shorts with 16 pockets and a loop for my hammer

d) wear shorts that fall half way down my shins

This could be more challenging than a girl's quest for the perfect bathing suit. And yet I face it every summer.

No comments: