Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Case for Haley...

 
Don't kid yourself. Haley Reinhart could win 'American Idol.' In my circle, we're a bit Scotty-crazy and really can't understand how anyone else could win the competition. There's not a lot of Haley love in the greater Garner area. She will not get the country vote.

That could be the problem though. While Scotty will do well with country fans, Lauren will pull some of her own. Haley could get all the hater votes as well as those that had been going to Casey. Both sang with soul and the rumor they were dating probably didn't hurt.

Additionally, Haley is from Wheeling, Illinois, a short 39 minute drive from Chicago. It doesn't hurt to have a city the size of Chicago rooting for you. They want her to win as much as the greater Raleigh area wants Scotty to finish first, and they have twice the population.

I'm a fan of Haley's style but don't believe she's earned the title of 'American Idol.' I worry the numbers game could work in her favor though. Right now my prediction is Scotty and Haley in the final two, with Scotty taking home the trophy.

Sorry team McLaina.

Watch Scotty McCreery chat with the Q Morning Crew "Part II"


1 comment:

Lisa Sullivan said...

I'm right there with ya, Billy. Haley has increasingly taken chances (Gaga's "You and I" for one), of which I have actually liked. The girl has pipes...and the 3rd largest city/metro area in the country behind her.

In my opinion, though, she's gotta lose the 'tude. For those that say, "Give her a break; she's young." I say right back, "Ummm...well, both Lauren (16) and Scotty (17) are younger and they seem to be able to take the heat so...."

I'd like to believe that there are enough country music lovers out there that WILL pull for the country set, Lauren & Scotty collectively. However, I tend to agree that Haley might pull it out to solidify her spot in the Top 2.

This season it's really anybody's guess. All I care about is that our Scotty McCreery makes it to the final and takes it all. Yep, that's what I'm praying for too.

Great post, Billy!